[Aboriginal] dev-environment.sh depends on gnu coreutils

John Spencer maillist-aboriginal at barfooze.de
Fri Feb 28 07:25:22 PST 2014

John Spencer wrote:
> on my busybox install (sabotage linux):
>
> ~/qemu/system-image-sh4 $ HDBMEGS=2048 ./dev-environment.sh
> ./dev-environment.sh: line 44: truncate: command not found
>
> i suspect there's a portable command that could be used instead, for
> example
> dd if=/dev/zero of="$imagefile" bs=1 count=0 seek="$imagesize"
> creates a spare file of the required size in 0.0 seconds.

there are 2 more issues, the -i parameter for busybox mke2fs seems due
to a bug only work in the first position, and the -j parameter for
tune2fs is not supported. btw, i'm not sure if the meaning of the -i
mke2fs parameter matches the one for coreutils (busybox labels it as ratio).

find attached a patch that fixes those issues.