[Aboriginal] Issue with ./dev-environment for armv7l

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun Mar 2 09:51:49 PST 2014

On 02/28/14 15:37, John Spencer wrote:
> Tayaout Labelle Kuberek wrote:
>> I have an issue with the qemu ./dev-environment not loading. The CPU
>
> i assume you're running dev-environment.sh with the system-image-armv6l
> ? oh wait, i just see that there an armv7l system image now ... which is
> kinda strange because... see below paragraph.

My bad, I shouldn't have uploaded that. I have a local
sources/targets/armv7l which binutils is updated to work with but gcc
isn't. One of my todo items is to grab the last GPLv2 gcc release out of
source control the way I did for binutils, which should have armv7
support, and then fix it up as necessary, but ellcc.org is so close to
working it's on a far back burner.

In the meantime, armv5 should work fine. (armv6 didn't add many
interesting new instructions, it was mostly just SMP support which we're
not using; no real performance benefit to it that I know of).