[Aboriginal] Aboriginal post from dahalls at gmail.com requires approval

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Nov 1 16:54:20 PDT 2014

On 11/01/14 17:03, David Halls wrote:
> Thanks Rob.
>
> Regarding the TLS problem, I added:
>
>     UCLIBC_HAS_TLS=y
>
> to baseconfig-uClibc but am still getting:
>
>     Program uses unsupported TLS data!
>
> It seems the code in ldso.c which does this checks for USE_TLS, which
> should be set because native threads are configured, right?

Ah, the old "has" vs "use" nonsense uClibc kept doing:

http://lists.uclibc.org/pipermail/uclibc/2009-July/042818.html

Is there a reasonably small tls test program I can use to check if I've
enabled it right? I can take another crack at it, but don't currently
know what success looks like so can't tell when I've done it.