[Aboriginal] Fun with TLS [was requires approval]

David Halls dahalls at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 14:40:26 PST 2014

> Doing this in nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/pthread_once.S:
>
>  +       .hidden __fork_generation
>          .comm   __fork_generation, 4, 4
>
> fixes the compile problem - have to hide __fork_generation in the
> assembly, like the C declaration does.
> (I have yet to test the TLS stuff in the image.)

I no longer get the TLS warning on x86_64. FYI this I what I did:

Applied the patch above (added .hidden __fork_generation).

Add these lines to sources/baseconfig-uClibc:

UCLIBC_HAS_TLS=y
UCLIBC_HAS_STDIO_FUTEXES=y
UCLIBC_HAS_SSP=y

(I needed SSP to compile Perl).

Remove this line from sources/targets/x86_64:

LINUXTHREADS_OLD=y