[Aboriginal] Fun with TLS [was requires approval]

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Nov 4 08:40:18 PST 2014

On 11/04/14 03:21, David Halls wrote:
> So the problem I have now is that GCC spins when compiling anything
> (inside QEMU)
> :(

For host==target you can chroot into the build/root-filesystem-$ARCH
directory, which should let you run gdb on a process. (I believe you can
attach by PID and see where it's spinning, with stack backtrace and
everything.)

But if uClibc's NPTL doesn't "just work" for a target (not just a
configuration issue but needing nontrivial debugging), the best course
of action is probably for me to finish the musl migration for the
supported targets. (Of which x86-64 should be one.) uClibc is sort of a
dead-end project (Despite the existence of the various uClibc-ng forks.)