[Aboriginal] busybox awk

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Nov 5 19:16:34 PST 2014

On 11/05/14 16:49, stephen Turner wrote:
> Rob, have you seen any issues with busybox awk throwing errors during a
> recompile of gcc?

Not that I noticed? (I just built an m68k

> Im currently seeing a awk -f error. You don't have awk
> in the precompiled toybox bin at the moment so i would assume on your
> aboriginal platform that your using busybox awk or an alternative?

It's using busybox awk. The host-tools.sh stage populates build/host and
the restricts the $PATH to point at just build/host so it doesn't leak
host dependencies into the build.

I covered that in the big presentation, the three slides starting at:

https://speakerdeck.com/landley/developing-for-non-x86-targets-using-qemu?slide=98