[Aboriginal] lfs-bootstrap in control-images-1.1.0 incompatible with aboriginal-1.4

Alan Post alanpost at sunflowerriver.org
Sun Apr 19 17:17:23 PDT 2015

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 06:56:52PM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> Happy to. What does "cutting" mean in this context, adding a mercurial
> tag? (I thought the binary images were up to date, their timestamp
> says last month. Did I rebuilt them wrong?)
>
> (I need to do a new lfs-bootstrap based on something more current, maybe 7.4.)

By cutting I mean to ask for a 1.1.1 source code release at:

  http://landley.net/aboriginal/control-images/downloads/

I would certainly appreciate a refreshed LFS, but the problem I
experienced was downloading control-images-1.1.0 and aboriginal-1.4
and finding they don't work together.  I was further surprised to
learn that the binary .hdc files do not correspond to the source
code, but that at least helped me find the problem.

I haven't found any issues with the binary images, only the control
images source code.  I'm using the lfs-bootstrap as a guide to
creating my own control image.

I appreciate your explanation of the patch, I had wondering what
caused the change to a read/write root filesystem.

-A