[Aboriginal] /lib empty

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun May 17 09:44:42 PDT 2015

On 05/17/2015 03:18 AM, Michael Brougham wrote:
> After creating my rootfs.tar.gz I noticed the /lib directory is empty.
> Is this normal?

Yes. By default, everything in the rootfs is statically linked.

The native-compiler stage got seperated out in the release before this
one, and that's where the shared and static libraries live now. They get
symlinked into the initramfs root filesystem at runtime by sbin/init.sh
when you use dev-environment.sh launch script. (They're symlinked rather
than --bind mounted so you can add more by compiling and installing stuff.)

I may need to update the documentation on the website...