[Aboriginal] QEMU Manager

Blibbet blibbet at gmail.com
Sat May 30 14:50:17 PDT 2015

>> I should poke the QEMU guys and see if there's a currently supported
>> variant of that. (I haven't got a windows machine. I _do_ have access
>> to a mac now, though...)

There are a few QEMU front-ends that work on Windows, though it's easier
to use QEMU and the front-ends on Linux, than on Windows or MacOSX.

http://wiki.qemu.org/Links#GUI_Front_Ends

> It would be a nice alternative if it runs faster than virtualbox. The
delay
> is very noticable in my scripts on a win7 box.

You might try Qboot, a new alternative x86 firmware for QEMU, that
speeds up boot time.

https://github.com/bonzini/qboot
http://firmwaresecurity.com/2015/05/25/qboot-new-x86-firmware-for-qemu/

Thanks,