[Aboriginal] aboriginal changes

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Nov 17 06:24:42 PST 2015

On 11/16/2015 09:46 AM, Geoff Salmon wrote:
> On 15-11-15 06:54 PM, Geoff Salmon wrote:
>> On 11/13/2015 10:44 PM, Rob Landley wrote:
>>> There's enough of these now maybe it should be consistent. Hmmm...
>>> LOCAL? EXTRA? MY? "MY_CROSS_COMPILER=/path, MY_PATCHES=/path,
>>> MY_ROOT_FILES=/path" sorta works. EXTRA_CROSS_COMPILER doesn't make
>>> sense, and LOCAL_ROOT_FILES is slightly weird...  Sigh. Naming things,
>>> cache invalidation, and off by one errors...
>
> Do we also need MY_UCLIBC_CONFIG and MY_LINUX_CONFIG? If MY_PATCHES lets
> us add things to the kernel, we may also need to enable them in the config.

Hmmm, maybe.

There used to be infrastructure for this (sources/targets/subdirs) but
nobody used it and it got simplified away...

Would you want it to point to an external full .config, or a miniconfig
snippet on top of baseconfig like the others? (And would it replace the
sources/targets snippet or supplement it?)