[Aboriginal] Can Aboriginal Linux be used to create a Debian rootfs

Brendan Simon (eTRIX) brendan.simon at etrix.com.au
Thu Oct 29 18:07:33 PDT 2015

Hi.  Just stumbled across Aboriginal Linux and it looks like an great
project :)

I am trying to create a Debian rootfs for an embedded system that uses
Dual ARM A9 cores (Xilinx Zynq SoC).

I'm currently trying to use multistrap (from the Emdebian project) and
am now trying moved to brickstrap (a fork of polystrap which is a fork
of multistrap).  Brickstrap does everything in userspace via proot and
uses QEMU for the final configuration phase.

I was wondering if it is possible to use Aboriginal Linux to do some or
all of this?  i.e. create a Debian rootfs from debian binary packages.
Would it be simpler?

multistrap uses apt and can workout all the package dependencies, create
a rootfs.  That's why I like it.

Is Aboriginal Linux capable of doing what I want?
Is it ready or is it a way of supporting that kind of usage?

Thanks, Brendan.