[Aboriginal] armv6l broken in Aboriginal 1.4.5

Sam Thursfield sam.thursfield at codethink.co.uk
Tue Apr 12 09:51:05 PDT 2016

Hi!

It seems that the 1.4.5 Aboriginal image for armv6l doesn't work.

All I see from the VM is this, after which it hangs with qemu-system-arm
using 100% CPU:

     Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.

I've tried with qemu 2.3.1 (fedora 22) and also qemu master (commit
42bb626f).

The armv5l image works as expected, and I found that if I remove '-cpu
arm1136-r2' from the qemu commandline it can boot the armv6l image.

I can do further debugging if you have something specific you want me to
try, but i'm not an expect in this area so i'm afraid this is a problem
report with no proposed solution... hopefully it saves others from
discovering this the hard way, in any case!

Sam

--
Sam Thursfield, Codethink Ltd.
Office telephone: +44 161 236 5575