[Aboriginal] Hello world.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Jul 7 22:46:01 PDT 2016

So I'm looking at http://github.com/richfelker/musl-cross-make and Rich
has got it doing native compilers now, and it theoretically supports all
the architectures except sparc and m68k, and I still haven't fixed up my
old toolchains (which may now be broken on _4_ architectures), so I
should probably just switch over and focus on getting lfs-bootstrap.hdc
updated and working and get back to toybox testing towards the 1.0 release.

The downside is, this means no more precompiled binary toolchains (cross
or native). I will not distribute GPLv3 binaries, ever. But if Rich
wants to put them up somewhere, I'm happy to point at his server...

Working otu thelayering is fun. I'm speaking at Texas LinuxFest tomorrow
and saturday so won't get much done on it this weekend, but I think
that's the path forward for the project in the short term.

Long term I'd still like to get llvm working, but that's a bigger jump
and still hasn't got a @*%(&# binutils replacement (which is what's
BREAKING more often than gcc is).