[Aboriginal] segv on powerpc

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Mar 4 10:37:51 PST 2016

On 03/02/2016 04:47 PM, David Halls wrote:
> (powerpc:3) /home $ cat wup.c
> int main(int argc, void **argv)
> {
>     return 1;
> }
> (powerpc:3) /home $ gcc wup.c
> (powerpc:3) /home $ ./a.out
> a.out[77]: unhandled signal 11 at 00000000 nip b7e75120 lr b7e75118 code
> 30001
> SEGV

Hmmm, I thought that was working. (Again, try --static and see if that
works? If static doesn't work the system can't _boot_. Dynamic still
needs to be fixed, but it's nice to know where the problem is...)

Was that the musl or the uClibc build, by the way?

> Also, MIPS64 seems to have an issue with mounting > 1 disk on qemu.

Yay, mips64 is working for you! That one bit-rotted for me, although I
suspect I may be having qemu version skew there. (Tracking it down is on
the todo list but somebody told me the mips64 ABI I was producing was an
old obsolete one, and Rich is adding mips64 support to musl so I need to
migrate to musl and redo it anyway, which is why I hadn't dug into it...)