[Aboriginal] Aboriginal for Cortex-A15

Baumann, Christoph (C.) cbaumann at visteon.com
Mon May 30 00:00:50 PDT 2016

Hello!

As currently Aboriginal has no target definition for ARMv7 (Cortex-A15 to be more precise), I started setting it up myself.
Compilation succeeds, but so far the resulting image wouldn't boot at all. QEMU crashes even before trying to start the kernel: "PFLASH: Possible BUG - Write block confirm".
The qemu command used is this:
qemu-system-arm -m 1024M -M vexpress-a15 -serial stdio -cpu cortex-a15 -nographic -no-reboot -kernel linux -initrd rootfs.cpio.gz -append "mem=1024M panic=1 HOST=armv7lhf $KERNEL_EXTRA" $QEMU_EXTRA

As kernel config I used arch/arm/configs/vexpress_defconfig.

Any hints or ideas?

Regards,
Christoph