[Aboriginal] Latest cross-compiler-x86_64 stopped working as /usr/bin/x86-64-gcc symlink

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Feb 18 02:29:36 PST 2017

On 01/30/2017 09:13 PM, Rob Landley wrote:
> On 01/30/2017 03:48 PM, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
>> Hi Rob,
>>
>> Needing to test some musl glob() issues, today I downloaded
>>
>> http://landley.net/aboriginal/downloads/binaries/cross-compiler-x86_64.tar.gz
>
> Timing. [1]
>
> Aboriginal Linux is mothballed, and is being replaced by two projects:
>
>   toolchain: https://github.com/musl-cross-make [2]
>   filesystem: https://github.com/landley/mkroot

Attached is an updated musl-cross-make build script that produces all
the cross and native compilers I've managed to get working so far.

It's basically git clone the repo, cd into it, run the script, leave it
going overnight, look in the "output" directory.

I've built mkroot filesystems with all those toolchains, and the ones I
tried worked. (Except armv8l actually seems to be armv7l, and armv7r is
nommu and needs to be pie like armv7m because arm fdpic hasn't been
merged upstream yet.)

It doesn't have all the architectures the old stuff did (sparc is most
conspicuously absent, but ppc64, s390x, and microblaze are new so...)

> And I've giving a tutorial based on the new stuff at ELC next month:
>
> https://openiotelcna2017.sched.com/event/9Ith/tutorial-building-the-simplest-possible-linux-system-rob-landley-se-instrumentscom

Which is this coming tuesday. No idea when/if video goes up but I should
have the tutorial materials up on the j-core website before too much longer.