[Aboriginal] [Toybox] 3efd6d9512ac8c9370d62fcaa08d31c28bba1810 broke ps without a tty

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Feb 18 17:30:45 PST 2017

On 02/04/2017 01:03 PM, enh wrote:
>> In theory the ANSI size probe should go in here somewhere. In practice
>> we're not already reading data from stdin so parsing the results isn't a
>> natural part of the program flow.
>>
>> (I note that top is also glitched without a tty. I suspect receipt of
>> the ansi probe causes a redraw... which sends out a new ansi probe.)
>
> quitting top if it ran like this is weird too. the escape sequences to
> reset the terminal don't make it.

They're making it here...?

Define "quit". Is adb exiting before the output is flushed? Both Q and
ctrl-C are interpreted as key sequences, not signals (because stdin is
in raw mode), so the cleanup shouldn't get interrupted...?

> i've never mentioned it because i
> don't have any suggestion for how we could do better.

I'd like to fix it but am not reproducing the problem here.

>> Moral of the story: don't let your main test environment fall too far
>> behind or stupid stuff accumulates. I'm working on it...

Sounds like I'll need a proper android test environment soon.