[mkroot] hermatic

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun Mar 18 18:16:16 PDT 2018

On 03/18/2018 07:23 PM, Rob Landley wrote:
> You know what? I've lost interest in this project now. I don't care what it's
> called. I'll let you know if I start caring again, but it seems unlikely. I'm
> just going to build my own systems in my own my little corner and not publish
> any of it to anyone else so they CAN'T MAKE THIS KIND OF PROBLEM FOR ME.

I have been reminded that I've probably caught Fade's cold, and maybe should not
be making project direction decisions right now.

But a non-lawyer giving legal advice to a guy who won't merge MIT licensed code
into toybox because of license compatibility issues, who walked away from
busybox maintainership because fighting Bruce reminded him too much of fighting
SCO and just took all the fun out of it, and who has collected links like
https://www.bell-labs.com/usr/dmr/www/otherunix.html for years? An australian
giving a US citizen advice about german (EU) trademark law.

It made me very, very tired. And headachey. And I'm going to step away from the
keyboard now.

Rob