[Toybox] bzero(), rindex() and other "legacy" functions

Dmitriy Tochansky tochansky at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 06:07:47 PST 2012

2012/2/7 Rob Landley <rob at landley.net>

> memset(blah, 0, sizeof(blah)) is the common case, and not having to say
> 0 is 4 bytes smaller.  Once there are about 3 uses of it, I'd wind up
> putting a wrapper in lib/lib.c anyway.  Obsoleting that was silly on the
> part of the standards guys.
>
> rindex() is just habit, strrchr() is a gratuitous rename, I don't care
> either way and can fix that up if it's throwing warnings for you...

It's not a problem for me, I can fix it myself. The reason of questions
that I'm writing libc myself and tried to build toybox with it(like it
built in toybox) and got this warnings(not only :) ). So I asked about
standards of toybox. When writing my toy-libc I use "The Open Group Base
Specifications Issue 7" so this functions is legacy for me. The question what
standards and codestyle you are guided.

PS I need to read more about bionic internals after your previos letter.
And maybe about toybox too. :)

--
Dmitriy