[Toybox] bzero(), rindex() and other "legacy" functions

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Feb 7 05:43:00 PST 2012

On 02/07/2012 04:00 AM, Dmitriy Tochansky wrote:
> Hello!
>
> While playing with toybox sources, I've found several usage of functions
> marked in Open Group Base Specifications as Legacy, rindex for
> example(http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/rindex.html).
> Is there any sense to use them in toybox?

memset(blah, 0, sizeof(blah)) is the common case, and not having to say
0 is 4 bytes smaller.  Once there are about 3 uses of it, I'd wind up
putting a wrapper in lib/lib.c anyway.  Obsoleting that was silly on the
part of the standards guys.

rindex() is just habit, strrchr() is a gratuitous rename, I don't care
either way and can fix that up if it's throwing warnings for you...