[Toybox] Editors and such.

Marc Andre Tanner mat at brain-dump.org
Thu Jun 21 02:03:48 PDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 03:10:59PM +1200, Andre Renaud wrote:
> > No, they have an implementation of screen. The first one I used (circa
> > 1993) was from Sun.
> >
> > The wonkypedia article says the first pair of maintainers handed it over
> > to a second pair of maintainers who handed it over to the gnu project.
> > So it's a bit like Gold and Patch and Grub and EGCS so on: somebody
> > wrote a thing that worked and the Gnu project managed to take it over
> > and plaster their name all over it as the versions they ship bloat and
> > lose reliability.
>
> There is a BSD-licensed terminal multiplexer - 'tmux'. It's
> conceptually the same as GNU screen, but I'm assuming it's a
> completely clean code base.

I might be a little biased but

	http://www.brain-dump.org/projects/dvtm/

works reasonably well for my purposes and the code isn't the worst either.
Also in my opinion session handling / detach support is a separate issue
and should be handled with dtach or a similar standalone program.

Marc

--
 Marc Andre Tanner >< http://www.brain-dump.org/ >< GPG key: CF7D56C0