[Toybox] Editors and such.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Jun 30 16:36:55 PDT 2012

On 06/30/2012 06:10 PM, David Seikel wrote:
>>> And people will scream if I leave out emacs.  shrugs
>>
>> I honestly don't care, but if it's easy to do...
>
> I don't care about emacs or vi, but vi is apparently mandatory, though
> hideous,

It's in posix, and is the only text editor that is unless you count
"ed". That means I'd need a reason _not_ to do it. (I might eventually
wind up doing ed, since sed is halfway there...)

> and basic emacs should be trivial, with a full emacs being
> more hideous. Simple emacs, yep easy to do, could almost do it now.
> Microemacs subset, most likely I'll do it.  Full emacs, not gonna
> happen.

Microemacs is what Linus uses, apparently. That probably makes it a
reasonable target:

  http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/uemacs/

GNU/Linux isn't: Linux=GPLv2, GNU=GPLv3+, they can't share code.
Either it's "mere aggregation", or a license violation.  Pick one.