[Toybox] fliddling with chgrp.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun May 20 11:54:52 PDT 2012

On 05/20/2012 06:53 AM, Georgi Chorbadzhiyski wrote:
> Sounds OK, it is good to see some progress. Could you look at
> logger? It should be self contained and depends on nothing.

What I'm trying to do right now is clean up the code that's already in
the tree so I can get a release out.

I glanced at logger earlier and put it on my "needs more thought" list.
The thing about logger is it has tables mapping names to constants out
of a header, which appear to be copied out of sys/syslog.h, and I don't
understand the reasoning behind it.

The code is depending on the LOG_BLAH constants to be there, without
which the build breaks, and which aren't specified in POSIX:

   http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/utilities/logger.html

But it's not using the tables the header has, and I don't know why one's
ok and the other isn't. I've been meaning to look this up in the LSB to
see if that has something useful to say...

GNU/Linux isn't: Linux=GPLv2, GNU=GPLv3+, they can't share code.
Either it's "mere aggregation", or a license violation.  Pick one.