[Toybox] I aten't dead.

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 00:09:18 PDT 2012

On Mon, 8 Oct 2012 14:39:21 +0800 Roy Tam <roytam at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/10/8 Rob Landley <rob at landley.net>:

> > My email remains totally screwed up, that's one of the things I need
> > to tackle. (Two year backlog of messages in gmail, but not sorted by
> > server side filters. So I need to download it all and sort it, but
> > email clients keep choking on the volume of linux-kernel and qemu
> > mailing list messages.) I can see stuff in the list archives, but
> > emailing it to me is unreliable just now. (It's all there, I just
> > need to dig down to it.)
>
> I wonder why not just fetch all mail with fetchmail and open the mbox
> file with your favorite email client instead?

I recently switched over to using fetchmail, filtered through maildrop,
to deliver to a local courier IMAP server, then access my mail on that
IMAP server from a variety of clients on various hardware (desktop and
phone).  Works for me.  Certainly solved my "email client takes too long
to grab all the email" woes.

The beauty of this is that if some part is not working for you, just
swap it out for some similar part.  Better than an all in one email
client, where judging by Robs blog thingy, all of them suck in one way
or another.