[Toybox] Issues with 'xexec()', 'losetup' and 'cp'

Ashwini Sharma ak.ashwini at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 01:11:58 PST 2013

Hi Rob,

   1.

         I was using 'xexec()' function. It gives me the coredump
      from function toy_init() in main.c at line #82.

My use case is as follows.

I have to run a program from my feature under development. For the purpose
I am using xexec.

The arguments passed to it has members from 'toys.optargs'  array. As soon
as it reaches line #82

if (toys.optargs != toys.argv+1) free(toys.optargs); it dumps.

Can you please have a look at it.

2. In the implementation of losetup, you have used /dev/loop-control and
ioctls related to it. Which doesn't compile for me. I am using kernel

Linux AshwiniPC 2.6.33.3-85.fc13.i686.PAE #1 SMP Thu May 6 18:27:11 UTC
2010 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Compiler complains of LOOP_CTL_GET_FREE - not present

3. Same is the case with cp, here also it complains for O_NOFOLLOW

Please provide your inputs on the same.