[Toybox] Fixes to mkdir, chown, env

Jacek Bukarewicz j.bukarewicz at samsung.com
Thu Sep 5 04:02:39 PDT 2013

> $ touch walrus
> $ sudo chown root.bin walrus
> $ ls -l walrus
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 root bin 0 Sep  5 05:16 walrus
>
> It's not posix but busybox supports it too and it's used in the
> ./configure stage of various package builds. (Do you have a specific
> reason to remove it?)

Indeed, busybox and GNU coreutils also allow dot as delimiter (probably
for historical reasons)
I encountered this issue while testing commands that we use in our
environment and which could possibly be replaced by toybox. I tried to
chown a file to my user so I typed ./toybox chown j.bukarewicz xxx and
toybox complained about nonexisting user 'j'. Busybox also fails, GNU
coreutils works as expected. I wasn't aware at that point that dot is
allowed as delimiter, especially when manual or --help only say about colon.
It's nothing big. If we ever need another behavior we can probably
maintain patches locally.

Thanks,
Jacek