[Toybox] Generic editor. Was: fold implementation

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Apr 8 17:45:21 PDT 2014

On 04/08/14 11:57, Hadrian Węgrzynowski wrote:
> Hello.
>
> It's my first message to this mailing list so pardon me if it's
> generally known. Could this be used as basis for implementation of less?

Yup. I'd like to do less, more, vi, watch, and command line editing.

I'd also like to suck in Linus Torvalds' "microemacs", his personal text
editor that he does everything in, which he's maintained for years at:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/uemacs.git/

On the theory that if Linus Torvalds started using toybox, that would be
a big boost. :) It would pretty much have to behave _exactly_ like the
one he was already using, though...