[Toybox] [Patches] - Static analysis fixes

Roger Meier roger at bufferoverflow.ch
Mon Aug 11 13:42:18 PDT 2014

Hi Andre
Quoting Andre Renaud <andre at bluewatersys.com>:

> Hi Ashwini,
>> Attached are the patches to commands for issues reported from static
>> analysis tool.
>
> Just out of curiosity, which static analysis tool did you use to find these?
>
> I've done some investigation into these recently, and found them to be
> quite nice to integrate into the build system, although the open
> source ones (cppcheck, sparse and frama-c) don't seem to be nearly as
> comprehensive as the commercial ones. I think it's something that
> every C project should run at least periodically, if not on every
> build.

cppcheck is nice, you might be interested into the history of cppcheck
reports for toybox, I did since Feb 1, 2012 here:
https://www.bufferoverflow.ch/jenkins/view/toybox/job/toybox/

I guess using different compilers on different machines is always a good way
to ensure quality and portability beside of cppcheck.
Here is a build with gcc, arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc and clang
https://www.bufferoverflow.ch/jenkins/job/toybox_multi/

best!
-roger