[Toybox] toybox - init?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Dec 9 04:20:13 PST 2014

On 12/09/2014 03:38 AM, scsijon wrote:
> was just wondering on the status of init within toybox as I'm having a
> look at buildroot and maybe it would be useful there.
>
> thanks
> scsijon

oneit is in and has worked for years. I'm pondering extending oneit with
a pipe that writes exiting child process pids to a non-PID1 process that
can deal with restarting them if it cares.

There's a sysvinit in pending. I've done minor cleanups but not close to
a promotion scrub (factoring out the tty stuff into lib and so on). It
seems to work for other people (like those who submitted it).

I haven't started lunchd yet, or full container support. I need to do
more research.