[Toybox] toybox - init?

Rich Felker dalias at libc.org
Thu Dec 11 09:16:07 PST 2014

On Tue, Dec 09, 2014 at 06:21:04AM -0600, Rob Landley wrote:
> On 12/09/2014 03:38 AM, scsijon wrote:
> > was just wondering on the status of init within toybox as I'm having a
> > look at buildroot and maybe it would be useful there.
> >
> > thanks
> > scsijon
>
> oneit is in and has worked for years. I'm pondering extending oneit with
> a pipe that writes exiting child process pids to a non-PID1 process that
> can deal with restarting them if it cares.

For what it's worth, I like that concept. Do you have a way in mind
for the non-PID1 process that's receiving these pids to match them up
with services that need restarting? I don't see a good way to do this
in general but it seems safe to use pid files (produced by the daemons
themselves) here as long as the only purpose you use them for is
detecting exit.

Rich