[Toybox] [New toy] partprobe

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun May 25 16:15:46 PDT 2014

On 05/23/14 06:53, Bertold Van den Bergh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have attached a patch adding a program that allows re-reading the
> partition table. This is often used on embedded systems booting from
> SD/USB devices that need to resize partitions on first boot.

Hmmm, this command is installed on my old ubuntu 10.04 netbook, running
"dpkg-query -S $(which partprobe)" says it's part of the gnu parted
package. Busybox does not have this command.

We already call BLKRRPART in "fdisk" and "eject". I'd be tempted to add
it to mdev instead of making it a standalone command, but the standalone
command already exists...

Could you give me an example use case? (You resize the partitions
without calling fdisk which would already call this ioctl...?)

Thanks,