[Toybox] Spent today debugging sed.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Nov 15 19:48:36 PST 2014

I meant to cut 0.5.1 today, but sed has sooo many corner cases. I think
I'm actually through the majority of them now, and might get the sucker
to the point it can build linux from scratch tonight, but i still have a
todo list beyond that to get the release out:

1) Ashwini's giant pile 'o patches.

2) Isaac's Android probe

3) Cynt's ifconfig diff

4) Lukasz's tail segfault

5) The tizen low-hanging-fruit list

6) Running "mount -a" twice shouldn't remount tmpfs instances over
themselves.

And that's before I get to the mostly finished stuff that's been in my
tree forever (ping, grep -ABC, the dd rewrite, gzip compression side...
Same problem as with sed, the first 90% of the work takes the first 90%
of the time, the last 10% of the work takes the other 90% of the time...)

So at this point it looks like I'll be cutting a release tomorrow
instead. But I'm still trying to finish sed tonight...