[Toybox] Scan-build error

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Nov 26 22:31:47 PST 2014

On 11/26/14 18:39, Cynt Rynt wrote:
> Hi!
> <snip>
>>And this one languished for a week. Unintentional irony, sorry. (I was
>>debugging sed.)
> It's okay, I ran into life as well

Ahem. I do require the occasional poke when I get buried in todo items...

>>My general plan for making "run as root" tests work is to make an
>>Aboriginal Linux build control image that runs them as root under qemu.
>>
>>  http://landley.net/aboriginal/control-images
> I'll have to try this out some time :)
> <snip>
>
>>Ah, I remember why this went on the todo list. This includes 22 test
>>cases, to be run as root, with no indication of what the actual bug is
>>or which test case hits it. What does failure look like? What would
>>success look like?
> Tried to add more explanatory notes.
>
> My concern with ifconfig down is that the interface that is down is
> still displayed with a call to ifconfig (as opposed to ifconfig -a)

Hmmm... I just did:

sudo modprobe dummy0
sudo ./ifconfig dummy0 127.0.0.2
sudo ./ifconfig
sudo ./ifconfig dummy0 down
sudo ./ifconfig
sudo ./ifconfig -a
sudo ./ifconfig dummy0 up
sudo ./ifconfig

And the results were it showed dummy0 when it was up and didn't when it
wasn't? (But ifconfig -a did?)

> My main concern with calling the pointtopoint option is it returns a
> usage message instead of making the changes to the ifconfig display that
> nettools makes when given the same command. (I'm not sure what the
> reference should be, so I went with what Kali does).

It's "pointopoint". One t in the middle there. And it worked for me?

(Neither the host ifconfig or the toybox one seem to display the value
back...)

>>This test set relies on modprobing a "dummy" module, and my normal test
>>environment for this sort of thing is a static kernel built without
>>module support.
> Removed the modprob call, and it still seems to work on Kali...

I had to do the modprobe here.

> <snip>
>>Running ifconfig tests remotely through the network
>>is... awkward.
> Does that mean the overall testing strategy of the testsuite might be
> good for now?

It's a good test suite entry, I just need to come up with a context to
run it in.

>>I can fire up an ubuntu instance under kvm, maybe? Or add the DUMMY
>>kconfig symbol to the aboriginal kernel I build and modify the test not
>>to modprobe.
> Looks like removing modprobe fixed the issue on Kali (it just feels
> really wrong)...
>>Let me get back to this after I cut the 0.5.1 release...
>
> OK.  Looking forward to your feedback on this patch.

I added the "only run if root" stanza at the beginning and merged it,
but I can't reproduce the two issues you mentioned from the command line
on my ubuntu host.