[Toybox] Question about ping.

Рысь lynx at sibserver.ru
Sun Oct 12 22:29:12 PDT 2014

13 октября 2014 г. 8:51:13 KRAT, Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> пишет:
>My question is: should I _also_ include the old raw socket support (as
>fallback? With a config option?) or is it good enough to just have this
>and not support ping on 2.6 kernels? (It's easy enough to make it
>compile even when it does work, or to have a compile-time probe to
>switch it off in defconfig...)

Will ping work when invoked by root or not in that case?
The old and always worked way is prefferable IMO. Is there a reason to change?
I, for example, use ping (and other such tools) with a universal setuid wrapper which (re)execs it as "user,root:user,user". I do not want any breakage here in future.