[Toybox] ping

lamiaworks lamiaworks at skymesh.com.au
Thu Sep 25 17:02:35 PDT 2014

/cut

> I've been writing a new ping implementation. (I've gotten a couple ping
> contributions but they always do ping and ping6 as two separate
> implementations, tend to suck in 4-clause BSD code, and on top of the
> normal cleanup it's just faster to do a new one. Not _fast_, just faster. :)
>
> Rob

Rob,

sorry to give you a 'headache', but, if your playing with ping, can you
have it allow for long ping times please, such as we often get with
satellite, where delays to the ping can cause it to currently abort, not
due to the ping time itself, but to the on satellite hardware
transmitting it taking time to pass it on. How you deal with this
problem I have no idea, but maybe talking to the people at ipstar
(ipstar.com) may give you an idea.

regards
jon