[Toybox] make menuconfig

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue May 5 09:26:30 PDT 2015

On 05/04/2015 03:25 PM, enh wrote:
> On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 10:57 AM, Felix Janda <felix.janda at posteo.de> wrote:
>> Rob Landley wrote:

>>> FYI I had a test wrong in the config parser. It was triggered by
>>> configuring out a command line option that was the last (leftmost) short
>>> option in a config that also had bare longopts.
>>
>> I just wanted to say that not everything is yet fixed. For example
>> 'ls --color' does not work at all. (Seems to be related to the option
>> parsing.)
>
> works for me. are you sure you have LS_COLOR configured?
>
> i did notice one bug though --- the -Z help gets output part way
> through the --color output:
>
> --color  device=yellow  symlink=turquoise/red  dir=blue  socket=purple
> -Z security context
>          files: exe=green  suid=red  suidfile=redback  stickydir=greenback
>          =auto means detect if output is a tty.
>
> that's weird.

Sigh.

I'm not seeing that because I can't enable -Z here (I need to set up
more test environments) but the help text parsing got rewritten a year
ago, my blog says http://landley.net/notes-2014.html#12-01-2014 and I'm
sure I documented the rules somewhere, possibly on the mailing list...

http://lists.landley.net/pipermail/toybox-landley.net/2014-January/001562.html

No, that was me working out what the rules should _be_. There's comments
in config2help.c but not a big comment block explaining the rules.
Nothing in code.html...

Right, I need to document this.