[Toybox] vmstat bug + patch

jobol at nonadev.net jobol at nonadev.net
Fri Sep 4 01:31:04 PDT 2015

Le Wed, 2 Sep 2015 19:04:10 -0500,
Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> a écrit :

> On 09/02/2015 03:36 AM, José Bollo wrote:
> > Hi Rob,
> >
> > hey I was deeply asleep and ... ding... you're pinging me!
> >
> > I hope that you are well, the health, the life, etc... Do you plan
> > to come in europe soon?
>
> I was going to go to ELC europe in October, but they swapped our
> presentation and tutorial proposal for instead giving my company's
> CEO a 20 minute keynote, which made him happy but gives me no reason
> to be there. :P

Hala. But I'm not sure to go to Dublin.

> > I'm not sure to really understand the reason why this mail has
> > flawn to my box.
>
> Ask Elliott, he sent it?

Being awaken so suddenly brought me in confusion. You're not Elliot I
missed that point. So sorry...

> I need to finish the cp --preserve stuff and make sure I've addressed
> all the smack stuff you sent earlier. (I'm not sure I have, I
> presented at 3 conferences in a row a week and change ago and lost
> track of context.)

That is fair and courageous.

> > Is it because the patch of Colin Cross looks like mine? That is
> > a debate: in how many ways can a problem be fixed? Colin made the
> > same job as me (but he missed to use the const keyword).
> >
> > I'm not really focused on putting my name anywhere. Having a
> > version of toybox that isn't buggy for that vintage command 'vm' is
> > a need.
> >
> > Best wishes
> > Jose Bollo
>
> I just want it all to work myself. :)
>
> > Le mardi 01 septembre 2015 à 14:44 -0700, enh a écrit :
> >> ping.
>
> At a guess, this is why you got cc'd. :)

:)

> Query: how is toybox integration into smack going? Are there still
> major blockers or missing bits?

I promise to check that but frankly I now have other occupation. But
I'll check it before end of September 2015 (not telling the year is
safer but insane).

Regards
José