[Toybox] [toybox] smack support

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun Sep 20 18:07:26 PDT 2015

On 09/20/2015 06:01 AM, José Bollo wrote:
> Le Sat, 19 Sep 2015 01:34:15 -0500,
> Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> a écrit :
>
>> On 09/17/2015 04:05 PM, Joya Cruz, Alejandro wrote:
>>> Hi Rob,
>>>
>>> Doing some test between TOYBOX 0.6.0 and Smack I got interested on
>>> what is the support that is given to Smack.
>>> The most important user related utilitie it might are:
>>> ls -Z Show the Smack labels on files. (already on toybox)
>>
>> I've never been quite sure what the complete todo list is. I got
>> patches for ls, mkfifo, mknod, mkdir, id, and cp, but I don't think
>> that's a complete list? (Ah, and here's one for stat...)
>>
>>> any idea when the rest is coming ( if its coming ) ?
>>> chsmack:Show and sett all of the Smack attributes on files.
>>
>> Dig dig dig... Ok I found chsmack, doesn't look too hard to implement?
>> (First I've heard of it, though...)
>
> Hi all,
>
> I can make the chsmack adaptation. For me the question is "should
> toybox implment it?". Why not but it is up to Rob to decide.

"Yes but..."

The toys/android directory is full of a bunch of similar commands, and I
kinda want to stick it in there, but that would involve either remaining
that directory or confirming with Elliott that he doesn't care. :)

toys/lsm maybe?

> Almost all is working well with smack. I promised to check it before
> the end of septembre. Still busy now.
>
> The command "cp --preserve" is waiting.

Queued, but my trip to Japan got extended through thursday, and other
engineers are still flying out this evening, so this whole week is kinda
nuts. :)

(But I made it to the Pokemon center yesterday and bought two different
women Flareon and Pumpkaboo based items, so the _important_ stuff is
getting done.)

> The command ps was also writen a long time ago but ps isn't currently
> in stable state and all was to rewrite. So wait here also...

The ps in pending is about 2/3 done, I need a 3-day weekend to finish it
up. (When you start investigating the -o rathole it goes a long way
down, and I haven't started attacking "ps ax" vs "ps -ax" yet, plus
there's a bug report about the comma parsing infrastructure ignoring the
tail end of commands that needs a generic infrastructure fix, and I need
to make a test suite for it which means finishing the QEMU based test
harness...)

That's when I get back around _to_ ps. Right now I'm fighting with a
linker for http://nommu.org/jcore at $DAYJOB.