[Toybox] Et tu, Google Plus? (Mount bugs.)

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Apr 28 21:39:11 PDT 2016

It would be nice if people who actually send me this stuff directly, so
I could fix it. Oh well.

  https://plus.google.com/+Chainfire/posts/dGPQytapwe3

This APPEARS to be a mount bug report. "Would segfault all the time" I
can't answer without a reproduction sequence, and seems to be ancient
anyway. Elliott added relatime back in February (this post is from March
but I guess it hadn't propogated yet).

If you specify a parameter (which can be omitted), the value you specify
has to be correct. Yes. Ah, but I see, they may specify a symlink to it,
and that symlink may need to be resolved I don't resolve symlinks
consistently. Hmmm...

[Me goes off to poke at code...]

Rob

P.S. One reason I hate google plus with a burning passion is my vision
isn't that great and I spend a LOT of time staring at screens, so I tend
to expand my font size with ctrl-+. If you do that on Google Plus, the
text moves off the right edge of the screen and it DOESN'T SPAWN A
SCROLLBAR at the bottom to recenter it (because of course they've
javascripted the page to death rather than let it be normal web
content). So I have to read things at an uncomfortably small font there
because Google Plus knows better than I do how I want the page to
render. I'm waiting for it to go the way of AOL, but in the meantime
people keep using it and I wind up surprised every time.