[Toybox] Curious (cyanogenmod).

enh enh at google.com
Fri Apr 29 10:41:00 PDT 2016

the only bugs that ever came to me (that i remember) were about the
[deprecated and undocumented] traditional "head -4" syntax. despite
that being deprecated and undocumented, it seems that almost no human
uses the approved -n x instead.

we have tests now so neither should regress again.

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 9:16 AM, Tom Marshall <tom at cyngn.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure what this all the issues are exactly, but in my experience the
> biggest thing toybox is missing wrt. busybox is awk (for recovery, as you
> mention in a later message).  This does not affect us internally, but it
> does affect external users that flash opengapps.
>
> Elliott could probably elaborate more on head and tail.  I don't normally
> use them much on Android.
>

> On 04/28/2016 05:28 PM, Rob Landley wrote:
>>
>> I'm still busy in Japan , but I bumped into
>>
>> http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software-hacking/tool-flashable-busybox-toybox-merger-t3313199
>> and I'm curious what they think is wrong with toybox head and tail?
>> (They don't say. Possibly old stuff fixed since the snapshot M used?)
>>
>> I agree that gzip is still in pending for a reason. (Inflate is slow,
>> and deflate isn't finished. It's on the todo list...)
>>
>> Rob

Android native code/tools questions? Mail me/drop by/add me as a reviewer.