[Toybox] ps and top (and Android)

dmccunney dennis.mccunney at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 16:37:35 PDT 2016

On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 7:11 PM, Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:

> That said, there should be _A_ standard. Somewhere. LSB isn't it. Posix
> is losing it. Maybe when we've finally got android self-hosting somebody
> should document the minimal set of interfaces necessary to run the
> build, or some such...

POSIX is a start, but has been increasingly superseded by new
developments.  Posix is useful as a list of things that possibly
should be implemented, but may not be relevant as a guide to *how*
they should be implemented.

LSB isn't a standard.  "What does Ubuntu do?" isn't either, but it's
about as close as you get to one.  Gnu is "How *not* to do it" these
days.

Think big.   Do it right, document it, and let *Toybox* set the standard.

(No smiley, because I'm not joking.)

> Rob
______
Dennis