[Toybox] Hello world.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Aug 10 09:40:16 PDT 2016

Sorry for the radio silence, been traveling for a bit. (Hello from San
Diego.)

As I mentioned in my blog, I made so many changes in parallel that it
became very difficult to chip anything off and check it in by itself:

toys/pending/tftp.c   |  41 ++----
toys/pending/mke2fs.c |  42 ++----
toys/posix/date.c     |  48 +++----
toys/pending/more.c   |  56 +++------
toys/pending/expr.c   | 110 ++++++++++++------
toys/posix/grep.c     | 214 ++++++++++++++++++++++++----------
toys/pending/dd.c     | 261 +++++++++++++++--------------------------
toys/pending/wget.c   | 281 ++++++++++++++++++++++----------------------

And so on for 54 modified files in the tree. So I checked out a fresh
tree and am trying to redo the work in bite-sized pieces I can actually
check _in_ reasonably. (As usual, life is interfering, but I just
thought I'd let you know when development slowed down recently, at least
from your perspective.)

Some of this is hard, the grep stuff is like 5 tangled changes (--color
is a variant of -o mode, the output logic was inflexible and needs to be
redone so the prefix and line contents are separate, I moved the
regex_null() function from sed to lib/ and need to make sure grep can
find things after a NUL byte on a line _and_ work out what the correct
logic should be in that case for something like -o, and there are
multiple bugs I hit while messing around here, many of which I checked
in test cases for but haven't necessarily fixed yet. I _can_ fix the
bugs in the old logic, but then would discard that fix redoing the line
prefix code...)

*shrug* The usual...