[Toybox] [landley/toybox] Simple implementation of less (#39)

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 20:32:48 PDT 2016

On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 17:39:25 -0500 Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:

> > When you
> > scroll the screen in less/vi it can have a huge impact on the speed
> > if you're on 9600 or slower.
>
> Does that come up much these days?

Yep, you raise it as an objection to my boxes editor / less thingy.
Then you suggested doing the sort of intelligent screen redraw Toni is
implementing.  Which I had left out coz simplicity.

Other than that, no, I haven't seen that come up since the days of dial
up modems.  Sure there's probably some tiny dollar chip that can't run
any faster over a serial port, but I haven't had to deal with any this
century, and it probably wouldn't have enough grunt to run toybox
either.