[Toybox] imgtec patch: Fix static linkage of toybox binary.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri May 6 17:12:14 PDT 2016

On 05/06/2016 02:56 PM, enh wrote:
> On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 8:15 PM, Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:
>> Applied, and that fetch+cherry-pick thing _also_ seems to avoid a
>> gratuitous merge commit, which is very nice.
>
> it also has the happy side-effect (because you keep the gerrit
> change-id line) of appearing in the UI as if the originally uploaded
> change was merged when i do my command-line merge from github. so if i
> hadn't told the imgtec guy i was sending this patch upstream first, as
> far as he knows it just got submitted here.
>
> (i'll still keep pointing folks upstream though, because the community
> of those fiddling with toybox should be around upstream, not AOSP or
> whichever other downstream they happen to use personally.)

I'm happy to make better use of git, so if you care about the history of
a specific commit being preserved I can do that again. But if people
don't send me fixes I don't necessarily see them, and it's harder to
discuss a pull request than a patch. (Plus I sometimes reply "not that
way" and do a different fix/implementation, which is then awkward for
the other tree. Cyanogenmod is going to have a fun week when I finally
get around to going through their stuff.)

(And I'm still not doing github integration. It's nice hosting for a
mirror but when people comment on stuff there I don't necessarily see it
either. I'm not usually logged into github, you don't need to be to push
via ssh or wget the patch in the pull request and "git am" it. You DO
need to be to close a pull request.)

Still, yay I learned something,