[Toybox] [landley/toybox] busybox.exe for MSWindows is available, but not toybox.exe for MSWindows (#61)

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun Jan 22 19:57:19 PST 2017

On 01/21/2017 09:10 PM, zaxebo1 wrote:
> busybox compiled for ms windows is available at
> https://frippery.org/busybox/
> https://github.com/rmyorston/busybox-w32
>
> but i do not find any such binary for toybox. Is toybox not
> compilable/ported to MSwindows?

Microsoft runs Ubuntu binaries now, just run the Linux version.

I haven't bothered with windows native stuff. If somebody else wants to
I'd listen, but I myself don't have a windows system or interest.

http://landley.net/toybox/design.html#portability explains some of the
issues. (Windows is LLP64 instead of LP64, no /proc files, there are a
few places like ifconfig we hardcall system call info, etc).

> If yes, then is there any manual for
> compiling it on MSWindows? If no, then When this port to MSwindows will
> be available?

I don't do Windows.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/commandline/wsl/about