[Toybox] pcre2grep

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Aug 3 08:15:10 PDT 2018

On 08/02/2018 05:42 PM, enh wrote:> On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 1:56 PM Rob Landley
<rob at landley.net
> <mailto:rob at landley.net>> wrote:
>
>     I see
>     http://lists.landley.net/pipermail/toybox-landley.net/2018-August/009585.html
>     but never got a copy through the list, I'm guessing gmail bounced it as spam.
>

> did you see my several recent "ping" emails for other patches?

I did not, same problem with gmail's spam filter. But I have a backlog of 'em now...

> but you're right, here's someone else's mdev patch that i don't think i saw on
> the list:
> http://lists.landley.net/pipermail/toybox-landley.net/2018-July/009574.html

I got that one.

>     The problem with adding perl regex support to toybox grep is we use libc's
>     regex. I can add a config option to pull in another library, but don't know
>     what's out there for this?
>
> well, PCRE would be the obvious choice :-) and it was tempting to me because --
> via selinux -- it's in every process on Android anyway. but -P wasn't the goal.
> removing the unmaintained (by us) BSD code and switching to some project that is
> maintained was my goal. and in terms of options pcre2grep seemed closer to complete.
>
> but, yeah, if you finish toybox grep i can contribute a PCRE -P if you want it :-)

I'm hoping to get gzip wired up to the local deflate code today, and I need to
deal with the above backlog (including the urandom breakage and some pull
requests I fell behind on github).

But I'll put that next in the queue, lemme see if I can get that in this release...

Thanks,