[Toybox] Toybox bc's transcendental and irrational functions produce incorrect results, memory leaks and exhibit brute force algorithmic complexity.

Zach van Rijn me at zv.io
Tue Aug 28 13:25:48 PDT 2018

On Tue, 2018-08-28 at 14:53 -0500, Sasha Toltec wrote:
> I do type my signature out each time yes.
>
> I think what we have here is a classic case of cargo culting.
> The nature of the errors indicates that your implementations
> were copy pasted without any clue as to how they work.

I'm not sure this even warrants a response. You haven't yet
explained what "nature of the errors" and "multiple systemic
issues" and "badly made library" and "sordid history" and "badly
reimplemented" and "wasting everyone's [who is everyone?] time"
and "what types of numbers put stress on a bignum library" even
means. And if you can't explain it, you don't know it.

> Otherwise, I am deleting this account.

Why would you "delete your account"? Do you not offer consulting
services [1] or have former clients with whom you stay in touch?

> As it seems like you all aren't interested in the memory error
> reports or reports of failed functions and instead are only
> interested in wasting time.

As stated previously, you have brought up valid points and they
are being reviewed/fixed. "Wasting time" is your hurling of
insults at the project and its author and not being clear about
the actual issues or how to reproduce them until we asked.

To treat others with respect, dignity, and patience, is arguably
more important than any technical know-how one could possess.
You would be wise to approach others in this manner.

[1]: http://lists.landley.net/pipermail/toybox-landley.net
/2018-August/009635.html