[Toybox] getconf NPROCESSORS_ONLN broken

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Oct 5 14:51:33 PDT 2018

On 10/05/2018 02:54 PM, enh wrote:
>> In terms of eliminating unnecessary build plumbing, the tagged array stuff
>> (scripts/mktags.c) is the other big chunk of preprocessing, which is really
>> there to make a combined array/enum construct where you have a string name for
>> each entry _and_ a symbol of the same name resolving to the index of that entry
>> in the array. I would LOVE a way to do this with macros instead. (I can
>> stringify, but how do I get an increasing symbol number that goes up by one each
>> time it's referenced? I'd need INCREMENT(previous) to nest +1+1+1+1 and it's not
>> obvious how, which is prsumably why gcc has a __COUNTER__ macro, which is fiddly
>> and which I dunno if llvm implements it...
>
> i'm kind of resigned to having to explicitly build the help, flags,
> and arrays binaries and run them, and they all seem like they're
> pulling their weight anyway. i just don't want to encourage too much
> random other stuff, because i need to replicate all your shell scripts
> in soong.

What does "replicating in soong" mean here? [googles...]

https://android.googlesource.com/platform/build/soong/

"The build logic is written in go using the blueprint framework."

You're using go as your build scripting language?

>> (I can also break up make.sh into multiple smaller scripts if that would help...?)
>
> no, i'm after "less overall" rather than "smaller chunks". stuff like
> library probes and the like are fine, because that's just hard-coded
> for me anyway.

I was thinking it might help triage what's there and evaulate what's necessary.

I'm all for removing unecessary stuff, on general principles. Unfortunately,
when I wrote plumbing it's usually because I couldn't figure out how to get away
with not doing it.