[Toybox] Do you suppose this du -b patch is worth it?

enh enh at google.com
Tue Dec 10 16:47:59 PST 2019

if i saw someone trying to use that, i'd assume that they were digging
themselves into an unnecessary hole... in fact, the only time i
remember seeing anyone try to use --apparent-size we talked them out
of it.

that said --- du tests that used --apparent-size would probably work
on all kinds of filesystems that the current tests don't work on. (so
maybe implementing --apparent-size and -B# wouldn't be so silly, and
then -b could just turn those on?)

i'm assuming the busybox request didn't come with a convincing use case?

(there are still Android devices with *only* 32-bit userspace.
everything low-end is that, even though there are no 32-bit SoCs, and
afaik everyone's using a 64-bit *kernel* at least.)