[Toybox] gmail unsubscribed everyone from the list again.

Robert Thompson robertt.thompson at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 15:28:33 PST 2019

For what it's worth,

http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-admin/node25.html

It's been several years since I had to deal with this kind of thing,
but the behavior we're seeing is similar to a case I had to
troubleshoot in the past where the bounce-processing was configured to
be too aggressive. This caused subtle trouble when some sites started
implementing greylisting and rate-limited acceptance. I believe that
gmail does both nowadays...

I ended up having to significantly increase the threshold as well as
set the stale period very low. Some of the behavior I saw didn't match
the documentation, and the final values that fixed the problem should
not have been very useful as per the documentation, but the problem
went away :shrug: